Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My kind of Super Bowl

If only I were Sandra Bullock...that was what I was really thinking to myself when I was waking from my dream this morning...

So I am really excited about the Academy Awards. Apparently so excited that I dream that I am dressed up in a gown and walking the red carpet as Sandra. It is just one of those things that I look forward to all year. For those of you that know me, I don't watch television, but once a year I will gather around the boob tube with beer and ballot in hand-ready to go. In fact, it is a day that I take off work because I don't want to miss out on this excitement. Now many haters wonder "why the Oscars?" and I simply respond "It's my kind of Super Bowl". Sometimes my favorite team is up and if not, I still can enjoy the game. Yes, the show is flawed and sometimes my favorite films of the year are far from represented, but it is a day to celebrate and award MOVIES. Mmm...I just like how that rolls off the tongue.

There are so many things to look forward to this year. "District 9" is nominated, which was one of my top 3 films of the year. Both favorites in the Best Supporting Actor category, Mo'Nique and Christopher Waltz, gave the best performances of the year. A 3D box office sensation with blue creatures might sweep the show and we now have 10 films given recognition for the best picture of the year. This will be an exciting thing to see and something that I am looking forward to. Like bets on the Superbowl, there will be money thrown down on the correct number of awards guessed and lots of beer to be had. The Super Bowl may be a gathering for a big game, but that's just a warm up for my favorite show which is a month away.

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.