Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween anyone?


This one is for the monster in all of us.

I was just wondering what scary movies you will be watching? I love to hear about what people will screen this time of year.

The theaters seem to be pretty weak. I think there are two titles to choose from if you are in for a scare. Although I have heard that "Paranormal Activity" is pretty scary (very "Blaire Witch"), I think the most frightening part of it is how much money Paramount is making off of this film. I think it was a win-win for everybody and I am hoping to get to the theater to see it soon. It is pretty interesting that Halloween has become synonymous with the "Saw" movies at the box office. How do you think the 6th film will turn out? Without shame, I will admit to seeing four of the five films so far. Not in order and I skipped the fourth "Saw" and went straight to the fifth installment-I don't think it affected the plot at all. Really though, I cannot wait until they have made all nine "Saw" films (yes, 9!) and I get to go to a movie marathon of ALL of the films. That might be the ultimate torture, the final game that Jigsaw will play-we will all walk out of the theater red-eyed and crazy.

Personally, I have been feeling pretty nostalgic lately. I think I'll see "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and then "The Thing" to get me ready for Halloween. To me these two compliment each other nicely with a combination of fantasy, sci-fi, horror that is splashed with holiday cheer. Also you really can't go wrong with Kurt Russel in a jump suit. What will you be watching?

3 comments:

Tom said...

What about "The Vampire's Assistant"? Opens here (SD) at midnight tonight.

Anonymous said...

I'll be seeing A Serious Man. Ennui is terrifying.

-Max

Anonymous said...

Paranormal Activity wasn't as good as I hoped! And please invite me to your saw marathon! They are my favorite :)